Brighten up your life with these classic Abbey Road Studios equalizers! Meticulously modeled by Softube, the RS127 Rack, RS127 Box and RS135 deliver the sweetest treble equalization imaginable. With the Brilliance Pack, today's DAW-based mix engineers can add all the air and top frequencies they want, without the slightest trace of harshness—just like Abbey Road Studios' engineers have done on their recordings from the 1960s onwards.
Abbey Road Studios Brilliance Pack is a highly specialized, but indispensable, tool for mix engineers of all genres. The three included equalizers focus entirely on the presence/treble frequencies, breathing air into single tracks or entire mixes.
Abbey Road Studios engineers found the presence boxes excellent for guitars, vocals and drums, especially snare and kick drum direct to tape. The units were in constant operation throughout the studios during recording and mixing, used to define the sound of instruments, brighten up the feed to the echo chambers and patch over compressors to create de-essers. They even found their way into the cutting rooms.
The original equalizers were exclusively built in-house by the Abbey Road engineers in the 1960s and quickly became a secret weapon at the studios. Before the plug-in version was released, they had never been available outside of Abbey Road Studios. Softube has faithfully modelled the passive circuitry of the three original units, component by component.
See the manual for further background information on these truly unique units.
RS127 Rack (grey faceplate)
The grey RS127 Rack is the original Abbey Road Studios treble equalizer. It offers a boost or cut of up to 10 dB at 2.1, 3.5 and 10 kHz (or kilocycles per second as they used to be known).
RS127 Box (green faceplate)
When more units were needed in the studio, the portable green RS127 Box was built. The same circuit was used as in the original RS127, but with the addition of an audio transformer. The engineers quickly discovered that the transformer dramatically altered the sound character and the operating frequencies of the RS127. The frequencies got shifted a bit higher, which is of course also holds true for the plug-in model.
Lastly, the RS135 was created to fill in the frequency gap that the RS127 units left out. It's fixed at 8 kHz, offers boost only and is just as sweet and silky as its siblings.
So there you have it—a pack of brilliant, beautiful treble equalizers, straight out of Abbey Road Studios!
- Adds beautiful sounding treble and presence without harshness
- Three different passive treble equalizers, modeled from Abbey Road Studios' originals
- The original grey RS127, the green RS127 with added transformer and the 8 kHz only RS135
- Very low CPU usage
Abbey Road Studios and RS and their associated logos are trade marks of EMI (IP) Limited.
Version 2.0 of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements.
All Native Versions
- Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 or 10.8, with the latest updates.
- Windows 8, Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit)
- Intel Core Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- Any VST, VST3, AU, RTAS (Pro Tools 9) or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7, 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application
- Free iLok account for Authorization. You can use machine authorization via iLok.com or authorize using your iLok USB key. Use the latest iLok License Manager (download them from www.ilok.com)
- Broadband internet access for downloading installer and register licenses.
All Softube plug-ins support both 32- and 64-bit hosts and operating systems. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
Please, make sure that you always use the latest iLok License Manager. It is not included in the Softube installer, but can be downloaded from www.ilok.com.
AAX DSP version
- All available AAX-DSP versions are included in the Native license. You do not need to buy the TDM version in order to use the AAX-DSP version.
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the requirements for the Native version. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card.
- Different plug-ins will have a different load on your HDX card.