Balani is a 2 1/2 octave balafon (or balaphon) with small calabash resonators form Guinea. We decided that this no so rare instrument was worth a sample library especially because it has those "noise generators" in good condition. Most of the time, people remove those because they don't like that noisy effect, but if you listen carefully to some traditional Balafon, you will hear them and we wanted it to be in our library.
The other interesting point about Balafons is the scale that usually is very different from the european ones. It originally plays a B major scale (20 notes) so we extended it (to 33 notes) for this library and also gave the posibility to fine tune it.
- 230Mb uncompressed, 125Mb compressed in lossless flac format, around 967 samples.
- 12 Velocity layers for the sustain.
- 4 takes per note to avoid the machine gun effect (round robins).
- about 13 Velocities for the release.
- Both original and corrected tunings are available for a traditional or contemporary sound.
- Advanced UVI scripting giving you access to a simple yet powerfull interface and advanced features.
Includes its own sample player, the UVI Workstation 2 (requires v2.5.2 or later).
It works on Mac (10.6 or later) and PC (windows XP SP2 or later), in standalone or as a plugin (VST / AU / AAX / RTAS / MAS) and in 32 and 64 bits.
As it is based on the same engine (UVI engine XT), you can also use it in MOTU MachFive 3 (requires v3.2.1 or later).
You can register your library to your computer or to an iLok key. You can use it with or without an iLok usb key. Both V1 and V2 iLok usb keys are working with Acousticsamples products. To authorize your library, you will need to download the iLok authorization manager from here: https://www.ilok.com/ilm.html and simply authorize your iLok key or your computer to use the library.