The C7Grand library is based on a Yamaha C7 Grand piano. The C7 is the biggest of the C series (227cm / 7'6") and is one of the most used pianos as it is present on many concert stages, studios and prestigious music events.
We wanted to capture its delicate, bright and precise sound that you hear everywhere, so we used every technology and piano simulation tools that we worked on over the years and here it is, the C7 Grand with all of the features you can think of, multiple microphones (3 different stereo perspectives), half pedal, repedal, sympathetic resonances and many other that we will detail below.
It is also very customizable as we know that not everybody has the same digital piano or has the same taste, you can change every aspect of it, the overall sound, the tuning (even complex microtuning are possible) or the MIDI response.
The C7 Grand is using the popular flac lossless compression format (UVI Workstation 2.5.2 is required to use it) to increase the streaming performances and loading time without losing any audio quality. You also save space, the library goes from 14Gb uncompressed to 2.41Gb.
- 15Gb uncompressed, 2,41Gb compressed in lossless flac format, around 4800 samples.
- 3 microphone positions that you can load, enable and mix.
- Realistic staccatos.
- Sympathetic resonances.
- Repedal effect.
- Sostenuto behavior.
- Half pedal.
- Large choice of high quality IR based reverbs.
- Advanced tuning (each note can be tuned individually and microtunings can be applied).
- True pedal action (real bahavior of the pedal down resonances).
- Complete control over the MIDI response of the library.
- Advanced UVI scripting giving you access to a simple yet powerfull interface and advanced features.
- and more...
Includes its own sample player, the UVI Workstation 2 (requires v2.5.2 or later).
It works on Mac (10.6 or later) and PC (windows XP SP2 or later), in standalone or as a plugin (VST / AU / AAX / RTAS / MAS) and in 32 and 64 bits.
As it is based on the same engine (UVI engine XT), you can also use it in MOTU MachFive 3 (requires v3.2.1 or later).
You can register your library to your computer or to an iLok key. You can use it with or without an iLok usb key. Both V1 and V2 iLok usb keys are working with Acousticsamples products. To authorize your library, you will need to download the iLok authorization manager from here: https://www.ilok.com/ilm.html and simply authorize your iLok key or your computer to use the library.