Classic T-RackS Clipper
This processor uses peak clipping to tame unruly peaks, rather than the usual peak limiting, giving you another dynamics control option. Peak clipping is often a more transparent process than standard peak limiting, which is why mastering engineers often employ it. Despite its powerful engine, the Classic T-RackS Clipper is easy to use, with only: Gain, Slope, and Output controls.
On top of acting as a last stage dynamic control, another clever use of this processor is to generate harmonic saturation: when set for high gain and lower output the track will get a range of saturation which, according to the levels set can go from some mild harmonics to a very pronounced distortion. This can be a very handy tool to breathe some more life and presence in a cold and sterile track, giving it boldness and personality, or to achieve some very special creative distortion effects, where a track processes with the T-RackS clipper will sound completely different.
A good example of this can be a snare track, or bass track which may be weak or dynamically inconsistent: running them through the Clipper and raising up the level will saturate them nicely making them more present and bold in the mix. Be careful not to overdo it as too much distortion can be difficult to blend well in the soundscape of a mix.
Of course the clipping effect achieved with controls set according will prevent digital overs with a pleasing sound free of distortion.
Mac® (64 bit CPU, 32 or 64 bit Mac OS)
- Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats: Audio Units, VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).
- Note: on 64 bit systems, the plug-in also works in 32 bit compatibility mode.
Windows® (32 and 64 bit)
- Minimal: Intel® Pentium 4® 2.4 GHz or Intel® Core™ Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64,
- 1 GB of RAM, Windows® XP, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7 or Windows® 8.
- Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).
You MUST be connected to the Internet as all of the Custom Shop operations are web based.