Classic T-RackS Multi-band Limiter
This three-band peak limiter can make the mix louder by reducing unwanted peaks.
The peak limiting action is performed separately on three separate bands (low, mid, high) whose width can be set by adjusting the two crossover frequency controls. Each of the three bands has separate controls (threshold and level) to tailor the limiting action as precise as needed by the program material it's used on. Input drive and time constant controls are common to the three bands.
You will have a very loud master, without clipping, though as with any of these processors, use care and not to over-do it. Leaving the output knob set to 0 dB means that the limiter output signal can't go beyond -0.05 dBfs.
This kind of limiter is particularly useful to control audio material where processing needs to be applied only in certain spots, or where an EQ wouldn't fit, being not dynamic (such as in live recorded material where frequency content may drastically change over time). By carefully setting each band's threshold and level the limiting action will only take place when a selected band's level goes beyond the set threshold.
This allows very powerful frequency conscious dynamics control.
Mac® (64 bit CPU, 32 or 64 bit Mac OS)
- Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats: Audio Units, VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).
- Note: on 64 bit systems, the plug-in also works in 32 bit compatibility mode.
Windows® (32 and 64 bit)
- Minimal: Intel® Pentium 4® 2.4 GHz or Intel® Core™ Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64,
- 1 GB of RAM, Windows® XP, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7 or Windows® 8.
- Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).
You MUST be connected to the Internet as all of the Custom Shop operations are web based.