The Clavi D9 is based on the well known clavinet D6 by hohner.
It is probably one of the most "funky" instruments ever invented, despite the fact that it was originally intended for classical music as its sound is close to the hapsichord. It turns out that it was very well suited to replace or double a rhythmic guitar and was used in many Funk and Disco hits.
The clavinet has 5 octaves (60 keys) and works in a simple way, when you press a note, the string is pressed against a bridge just like a hammer-on on a guitar, the non muted part of the string vibrates and the pickups amplify the sound.
The D6 has very few controls, 4 eq switches and 2 pickup switches to choose which pickup has to be used plus a global volume.
We recorded both pickups and we modeled precisely the eqs, as a result you can use the whites switches exactly like on the real instrument.
We sampled every possible aspect of the instrument, normal notes, staccatos, releases, mutes, every pickup, sympathetic resonances and more to give you the most authentic Clavinet sound possible.
- 2,76Gb uncompressed, 553Mb compressed in lossless flac format, around 4500 samples.
- Realistic staccatos.
- Precise simulation of the original filters.
- Separation of both pickups and independant volume.
- Sympathetic Resonances.
- High quality Amp simulations with the most used models.
- Real Wah effect with different pedal models.
- Complete FX selection with Phaser, Flanger, Tremolo, Chorus, Distortion and Spring Reverb.
- Real mute samples.
- Control over the MIDI response of the library.
- Advanced UVI scripting giving you access to a simple yet powerfull interface and advanced features.
- and more...
Includes its own sample player, the UVI Workstation 2 (requires v2.5.2 or later).
It works on Mac (10.6 or later) and PC (windows XP SP2 or later), in standalone or as a plugin (VST / AU / AAX / RTAS / MAS) and in 32 and 64 bits.
As it is based on the same engine (UVI engine XT), you can also use it in MOTU MachFive 3 (requires v3.2.1 or later).
You can register your library to your computer or to an iLok key. You can use it with or without an iLok usb key. Both V1 and V2 iLok usb keys are working with Acousticsamples products. To authorize your library, you will need to download the iLok authorization manager from here: https://www.ilok.com/ilm.html and simply authorize your iLok key or your computer to use the library.