In 1979, Paul Wolff formalized a vision which was turned into an exclusive limited edition hardware, that became loved among musicians and sound engineers. In 2015, the Fix Flanger and Doubler is the reincarnation of this vision—a plug-in package that handles hands-on flanging with unique stereo widening methods, as well as vocal doubling with lush chorus and rich textures.
Classic flanging re-imagined
The Fix Flanger is versatility personified—this flanger is capable of both classic guitar pedal style flanging with a automatically swept flange as well as direct interaction in the manual mode. A VSO mode features unprecedented hands-on control with emulated servo motor bounce. Added features such as tap tempo sweep, unique stereo widening methods and selectable delay polarity makes the Fix Flanger the swiss army knife of flangers.
Doubling made simple
The Fix Doubler delivers texture and extraordinary richness to vocals and polyphonic instruments. The algorithms of the Fix Flanger, combined with a streamlined interface and Paul Wolff's unique Auto Double algorithm, makes it easier than ever to get lush chorus and rich layers to your vocal track.
- Fix Flanger delivers the sound of classic flanging, with extreme control and flexibility.
- Unprecedented hands-on VSO flange control, with servo motor bounce emulation.
- Fix Doubler provides lush chorus and rich textures to your vocals.
- "Auto Double" uses a unique method of accurate phase-cancellation to make a natural sounding doubler effect.
- Free 20 day demo available, no USB iLok key required
Version 2.0 of the Softube plug-ins have the following minimum requirements.
All Native Versions
- Mac OS X 10.8 or higher, with the latest updates.
- Windows 8, Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit)
- Intel Core Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- Any VST, VST3, AU, RTAS (Pro Tools 9) or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7, 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application
- Free iLok account for Authorization. You can use machine authorization via iLok.com or authorize using your iLok USB key. Use the latest iLok License Manager (download them from www.ilok.com)
- Broadband internet access for downloading installer and register licenses.
All Softube plug-ins support both 32- and 64-bit hosts and operating systems. Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
Please, make sure that you always use the latest iLok License Manager. It is not included in the Softube installer, but can be downloaded from www.ilok.com.