Produced by Doug Rogers and Nick Phoenix, Hollywood Choirs is the epic follow-up to 1999's Voices of the Apocalypse and 2005's Symphonic Choirs, the best-selling and most awarded virtual choir of all time.
HOLLYWOOD CHOIRS gives voice to a new generation of powerful cinematic vocals with unprecedented dynamics and shocking realism that unleashes a new world of choral possibilities. It features an improved WordBuilder plugin that allows the composer to type in any words and have them be sung by the full choir or the individual male and female sections.
HOLLYWOOD CHOIRS Diamond Edition includes a 13 microphone-user-controllable setup (including a Neumann Dummy Head) designed for surround sound and virtual reality, which is particularly attractive for film, TV, and game composers.
"This is the third choir EastWest/Quantum Leap has sampled," says EastWest producer Doug Rogers, "we learnt a lot from the previous productions and Hollywood Choirs is the culmination of that experience. In particular, the choirs' ability to sing any word or phrase has been significantly improved resulting in much more realism; and there are many more sound options to enable the user to sculpt the sound to their requirements."
"In the past 12 years, there have been many attempts by others to improve on what EastWest/Quantum Leap achieved with Symphonic Choirs," says EastWest producer Nick Phoenix, "Small improvements were made to various aspects of choir sampling, but the emphasis has been on pre-recorded and severely limited phrases. If composers are not tired of hearing the same faux Latin phrases repeated over and over, those listening certainly are. No single choir virtual instrument has managed to deliver a fluid, intuitive and great sounding choir that was capable of singing any words in any language, soft or loud ... until now."
HOLLYWOOD CHOIRS delivers the powerful, blockbuster sound that all composers are seeking and opens up new 3D soundscapes to create incredible and emotional journeys for their audiences.
HOLLYWOOD CHOIRS will be available for purchase and as a free addition for ComposerCloud subscribers this month.
What's Included? Hollywood Choirs includes:
- A collection of men and women choir instruments
- A WordBuilder program that turns text into sung words
- Approximately 59 GB of 24-bit, 44.1 kHz samples, All Mixes (Diamond Edition); 8 GB of 16 -bit, 44.1 kHz samples, Main Mix (Gold Edition); 16 GB of 16 -bit, 44.1 kHz samples, Main and Surround Mixes (Gold X Edition)
- EastWest's PLAY 6 System (earlier PLAY versions are not supported with this library)
- A license that identifies the product you bought
- Hollywood Choirs and Play 6 User Manuals (PDFs)
- An Installation Center application to set up the library, software, and documentation
- An iLok account is required for a machine-based (electronic) license to be placed on your computer. You may also place the license on an optional iLok key. An internet connection is required for a one-time product activation.
The Differences Between the Diamond, Gold and Gold X Editions:
- Diamond Edition of Hollywood Choirs contains approximately 59 GB of 24-bit 44.1k samples, featuring 5 Microphone Mixes: Main, Close, Stage, Mid, and Surround.
- Gold Edition of Hollywood Choirs contains 8 GB of 16-bit, 44.1 kHz samples, featuring the Main Microphone Mix.
- Gold X Edition of Hollywood Choirs is 16 GB of 16-bit, 44.1 kHz samples, featuring the Main and Surround Microphone Mixes.