The Kawai-EX Pro sample Library is a fabulous, powerfull and bright 9-foot (276cm) KAWAI EX concert grand piano that used to be in the Kennedy center in Washington DC.
We worked closely with Lance Herring on this library (this is our second attempt after the AcademicGrand) and decided to give our project a new dimension, we carefully recorded this extraordinary instrument with 3 microphone pairs and state of the art Gear to try and recreate how powerfull and precise this instrument can be.
- 10.9Gb uncompressed, 2.15Gb compressed in lossless flac format, around 5000 samples.
- 3 microphone positions that you can mix from the interface.
- 5 Velocity layers for the sustain (5 on pedal up and 5 on pedal down).
- 3 sets of 5 Velocities for the release, one for different sustain lenght (staccato).
- Pedal down resonance.
- Key noises samples.
- Sustain pedal noises (up and down), triggered automatically.
- Advanced UVI scripting giving you access to a simple yet powerfull interface and advanced features.
Includes its own sample player, the UVI Workstation 2 (requires v2.5.2 or later).
It works on Mac (10.6 or later) and PC (windows XP SP2 or later), in standalone or as a plugin (VST / AU / AAX / RTAS / MAS) and in 32 and 64 bits.
As it is based on the same engine (UVI engine XT), you can also use it in MOTU MachFive 3 (requires v3.2.1 or later).
You can register your library to your computer or to an iLok key. You can use it with or without an iLok usb key. Both V1 and V2 iLok usb keys are working with Acousticsamples products. To authorize your library, you will need to download the iLok authorization manager from here: https://www.ilok.com/ilm.html and simply authorize your iLok key or your computer to use the library.