ECTAR 2 PRODUCTION SUITE
TREAT YOUR VOICE
Flawless vocal production is just a click away. From quick corrections to limitless creativity, Nectar 2 treats your voice to sweet results.
Bring a vocal track to life with the only complete set of tools designed specifically for voice. Add impact with modeled plate reverb, harmonic saturation, and a wealth of creative effects. Stay in tune and remove distracting breaths without tedious, time-consuming editing. Instantly transform a single vocal take into a dynamic, harmonized ensemble. Whether you're tracking or you're mixing, Nectar 2 delivers professional vocals in an instant.
- Explore 11 powerful tools in one integrated plug-in: Harmony, Plate Reverb, FX, Pitch, Delay, De-Esser, Saturation, Compressors, Gate, EQ, and Limiter.
- Get smooth, pitch-perfect takes quickly with dedicated Pitch Editor and Breath Control plug-ins.
- Finesse your sound with surgical detail using powerful advanced controls.
- Improve vocal production at all stages, from tracking through mixing.
- Rapidly audition different vocal sounds with 150+ presets in a variety of genres.
The best of digital innovation and analog character
Whether you're a producer, engineer, musician, or voiceover artist, Nectar 2 helps you easily recreate classic vocal styles or create brand-new ones—all thanks to a wealth of intelligent tools designed specifically for voice.
New inspiration for powerful production
Transform vocals or subtly enhance them with Nectar's extensive suite of creative vocal tools, both when mixing recorded vocals or when tracking your favorite vocal artist.
- Add harmonies to your vocal tracks for lush choruses or melodic backing vocals. Explore the new Harmony module to play with intelligent automatic settings, or define your own with a MIDI controller.
- Create rich, harmonic space and presence for your vocals using the redesigned Reverb module, a dedicated model of the legendary EMT 140 stereo plate reverb unit.
- Expand your palette of vocal sounds, whether subtle or out of this world, with seven new creative effects in the new FX module.
- Add warmth and grit to your vocal with five Saturation models, including Analog, Retro, Tape, Tube and Warm.
- Instantly capture the Motown vocal flavor with two analog-modeled Compressors that can be run in parallel.
Innovative tools for outstanding results
The new Nectar 2 Production Suite includes two additional plug-ins for perfecting your vocal sound. Pitch correction is simpler than ever with the new Pitch Editor plug-in, and get breathtaking results with the new Breath Control plug-in.
- Stay in tune without ever leaving your DAW: everything you need is within the Pitch Editor's deep control and flexible workspace.
- Transparently correct pitch and get natural-sounding results with Nectar 2's refined DSP and note detection.
- Avoid jumping back to your DAW's transport controls by using ReWire technology to navigate the Pitch Editor workspace.
- Easily enhance or reduce the vibrato in your vocals to fine-tune your performance.
- Remove unwanted breaths in an instant with the dedicated Breath Control plug-in, featuring intelligent breath detection that saves you from time-consuming vocal edits.
Quick corrections for perfect takes
Even the biggest superstars might need a little help here and there. Bring out the best in any vocal performance with Nectar's corrective tools.
- Reduce unwanted or exaggerated "ess" sounds from your vocals with the intuitive De-Esser, primed for smooth results thanks to extensive modeling inspired by the DBX 902.
- Correct errant notes in your vocals automatically with real-time Pitch Correction, or recreate the robotic pitch effect made popular by Cher, T-Pain and Kanye West.
- Add tonal clarity and presence with Nectar's transparent EQ, now including new Baxandall and Pultec-inspired filters.
- Clean up vocal takes with the Gate to silence room tone or other unwanted noise with ease.
- Add loudness while mixing with the Limiter, or engage it while tracking to prevent audio clipping.
Simple solutions for flexible workflows
Dive into Nectar 2 with a simple workflow to get immediate results, or dig deeper to reveal intuitive advanced controls.
- Make quick adjustments in the streamlined Overview panel, or switch to Advanced View to tweak each module's powerful settings and controls.
- Hear instant results with over 150 new presets inspired by current and classic vocal styles.
- Operate in Tracking mode for low latency performance that's perfect for live recording.
- Switch over to Mixing mode for higher-quality processing and look-ahead calculations to optimize your results.
- Get the precise sound you're looking for by customizing your vocal chain: simply re-order Nectar's modules to adjust the signal flow.
Who’s Nectar 2 for?
Your time is precious. Spend it polishing your sound, not hunting for it. Nectar lets you set up your favorite vocal settings as presets and quickly recall them for next time.
Forget hardware. Nectar offers in-the-box solutions with deep control and simple routing. Instantly assemble a custom vocal chain for any artist or situation.
A distinctive vocal sound sets your act apart. Our professionally designed presets get you started quickly, but Nectar offers the deep flexibility you need to be unique.
Get the vocal presence you've always wanted with Voiceover & Dialogue presets, then make quick corrections for pesky sibilance, volume fluctuations, and unwanted breaths.
Supported operating systems:
Windows: XP (32-bit Service Pack 3), 7, 8
Mac: OS X 10.6.8 or later (Intel only)
AAX (Pro Tools 11-12), RTAS/AudioSuite (Pro Tools 7.4-10), VST and VST 3, Audio Unit
Nectar 2 works as plug-ins in popular hosts* like Pro Tools, Cubase, GarageBand, Logic, Ableton Live, Reaper, StudioOne, Audition, SONAR X2 & X3, ACID, Vegas, Sound Forge, and many more.
*Please note: The Pitch Editor plug-in included with Nectar 2 Production Suite is not compatible with some hosts like Sound Forge, GarageBand, ACID, Audition, and Samplitude.