Polar is an old school harmonizing and pitch-shifter effect with a host of modern tricks up its sleeves. Use it for classic harmonizing, stereo-widening, and realtime pitch-shifting, or experiment with buffer looping and audio freezing to create otherworldly effects.
Load up Polar in the rack, and it will instantly make your sounds wider. Introduce slight pitch-shifting to make it even bigger. Turn the Shifters to add harmonics — up to two octaves above — or radically change the pitch down to two octaves below. Finish up your patch by turning on the filter, manipulated by the built-in LFO and envelope.
If you are a singer, producer, guitarist or remixer who is looking for transparent pitch-shifting, creative ways of turning bland recordings into wide, evolving soundscapes — or want to completely mangle a sound into an interesting mess, Polar brings all this and much more to your Reason rack.
- Widen your sounds
- Polar turns bland mono signals into broad, beautiful stereo
- Add slight pitch shifting for chorus-like thick tones
- Heavily shift vocals, samples or recordings in pitch, transparently or old school gritty
- Experiment with delay and feedback to create glittering arpeggios from one-note recordings
- Four different algorithms — classic, smooth, loop and reverse — provide plenty of sound sculpting possibilities
- Buffer lock, sweepable with Polar's built-in LFO, produces glitchy loops and tonal textures
Rack Expansion for:
- Reason 6.5 or later
- Reason Essential 1.5 or later
This product is delivered digitally. Easy secure download instructions and license information will be emailed to you after you have completed placing your order. Please note this this is usually very fast however, occasionally it may take as long as one to two business days.