- Create incredible sweeps that transition from one rhythmic value to another, or repeat audio at a rhythmic note value with the Stutter Module.
- Choose a note value from 1/4 to 1/1024 for the Stutter Module to sweep or step between. That's not enough? Make your audio repeat at a high enough frequency to turn it into musical pitches with the Stutter Matrix.
- Create unheard-of stepping effects that transform your audio into complex rolls, trills and even arpeggios, using the Quantize Module. With Quantize off, Stutter Edit sweeps between note values continuously.
- Dice drum loops. Jump between notes in a vocal phrase. Use the Buffer Position’s slick radar screen to choose where Stutter Edit pulls audio out of the buffer. You can even randomize playback order for unexpected results.
- Make aggressive resonant sweeps or create LFO-like modulation that locks to each Gesture's timeline using the Filter Module. Shape the sound of each key-controlled Gesture individually, or use the Global Filter to apply a buildup/breakdown filter sweep to your entire audio track.
- Fly from a subtle chorus to a springy rubber-band effect with the deep Delay Module. Dedicated resonant band-pass filters provide perfectly tweakable results to your wet, delayed signal.
- Get a dose of digital distortion crunch or add a periodic growl using the Bit Reduction Module. Like every Stutter Edit module, it'll move in sync with the tempo.
- Get back to the old-timey future with the Lo-Fi Module. Adjust the Lo-Fi settings to get a "vintage digital" vibe or bury the whole track in fuzz.
- Build tension, or drop a breakdown via a downward swoosh of noise, with the Generator’s Pitch Module. Scale the pitch of the Generator's noise tables over twelve octaves automatically.
- Add a little more bite by adding the Lo-Fi Module in the Generator Gesture for a grainy, gritty noise wash or stab.
- Release a dramatic build-up into a trail of decaying echoes with the Generator’s dedicated Delay Module, ensuring a perfectly smooth transition.
- Automate the Generator’s resonant Band-pass filter to shape and squelch blasts of noise.
- Cut, jump, and reimagine your rhythmic pulse with the Cuts and Jumps and BT Signature category presets, Stutter Edit’s bread and butter.
- Warp all sense of time (while staying on grid and in tempo!) using the Time Warp category presets.
- Mix your audio 360 degrees through the audio space/time continuum by launching one of the Space and Delay or Stereo Tricks category presets.
- Bring back the sounds of old with presets laced in chip-tune, arcade-style nostalgia for glitches and beat juggling that marries the past with futuristic rhythms.
- Why stop there? Expansion Packs are available here as free downloads to further enhance your Stutter Edit experience.
- Elegant and intuitive MIDI control allows for simple setup, letting you focus on your music and your sound. Claim back those hours wasted adjusting hundreds of parameters in multiple third-party effects with mouse control.
- Variable curves enhance the modulation characteristics of the parameters themselves, creating interesting textures that develop over time.
- Automatic host sync, with custom definitions available for both Gesture Length and Release Mode, allows you full control over the music without the need to trigger effects perfectly in time.
- Super low CPU and rock solid stability allows for reliable live use.
Windows: XP (32-bit Service Pack 3), Vista (64-bit), 7, 8, 10
Mac: OS X 10.6.8–10.11 (Intel only)
Pro Tools 7.4–12 (RTAS, AudioSuite, 64-bit AAX), VST, VST3, Audio Unit, DirectX
Ableton Live, Pro Tools (7.4–12), Cakewalk SONAR, Steinberg Cubase 4+/Nuendo 4+, Image Line FL Studio, Cockos REAPER, MOTU Digital Performer, Apple Logic
Stutter Edit works differently than other audio effect plug-ins, it requires MIDI input from your host to trigger its effects. Not all hosts allow you to send MIDI to audio effects.