The channel strip that always works. Take any track, any bus or any mix - the Summit Audio Grand Channel always sounds right.
The Grand Channel combines the warm and smooth tone sculpting EQF-100 passive equalizer with the rich sounding and dead-easy-to-use TLA-100A compressor. As a modern addition to the classic TLA-100A, the plug-in also includes Parallel Compression, Saturation Control and Low Cut Filtering on input or detector.
These two pieces of classic Summit Audio gear are what professional sound engineers have used for more than two decades to make their mixes sound just right. When the EQF-100 and TLA-100A were designed, Summit Audio made sure to combine the finest of what vintage tube designs had to offer with a modern sense of how these units should stand the test of time. The result was remarkable, and today you can experience the Summit Audio grandeur in digital form, just reach for the Grand Channel!
Easy user interface with four panels. One equalizer unit, one compressor unit expanded with controls for saturation, low cut and parallel compression, and finally a signal routing panel.
Use the smooth and flexible Summit Audio EQF-100 for your equalizing needs. Features four bands of equalization, low and high cut filters and modeled output distortion. More info about the Summit Audio EQF-100.
TLA-100A Tube Leveling Amplifier
The dead easy and smooth one-knob Summit Audio TLA-100A compressor. It's the "set-and-forget" compressor and has been around for over a quarter of a century.
TLA-100A Extra features
The original design has been expanded with an additional panel featuring controls for sidechain filtering, saturation and parallel compression. More info about the Summit Audio TLA-100A.
Bypass and Routing Panel
Bypass any unit to save CPU. Route the EQ before the compressor (the old school way) or the other way around (modern).
- Summit Audio Grand Channel plug-in
- Summit Audio TLA-100A Leveling Amplifier plug-in
- Summit Audio EQF-100 Full Range Passive Tube Equalizer plug-in
- Easy to use with huge sonic range
- Individual bypass for each of the two units saves CPU
- Possibility to change the order of the equalizers and compressor
- Each and every component carefully modeled
- Extremely analog behavior of frequencies, phase, distortion, attack, release, etc.
- Mac OS X 10.8 or newer
- Windows 8, Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit)
- Windows 10, please see here Windows 10: Some DAWs Crash On Launch
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 1 GB RAM or more, and at least 6 GB hard disk space for installation (individual plug-ins take less space)
- Any VST, VST3, AU, or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7, 11.0.2 or higher) compatible host application
- iLok License Manager (iLok USB key is NOT required)
- Broadband internet access for downloading installer and register licenses.