T-Racks 4 CS Grand Upgrade from Standard, CS Classic, CSR, or Single
PLEASE NOTE: This is an upgrade for owners of T-RackS 3 Standard, CS Classic, CSR, or any T-RackS 3 Single.
T-RackS 4 CS Grand is a comprehensive, high-quality mixing and mastering plug-in solution in one box, providing a versatile set of sonic tools for sculpting individual tracks and full mixes. The package includes T-RackS Classic and digital modules, spot-on vintage gear emulations, and our new Quad series of mastering-quality multiband processors.
Whatever kind of music you’re producing, the power, precision and variety of T-RackS 4 CS Grand give you the tools you need to make your music stand out from the competition. What’s more, our new Custom Shop feature lets you purchase additional modules at your discretion, such as our Classik Studio Reverb collection, or the new processors we’ll be regularly adding.
New and Notable
T-RackS 4 CS Grand is highlighted by five brand new processors. Four belong to our new Quad Series: Quad Comp, Quad Lim, Quad Image and De-Esser, and provide precise, multiband control. The processors let you split the signal into a maximum of four user-adjustable frequency bands (3 for the De-Esser) that can be processed individually.
Each Quad module is equipped with a set of high-precision filters, with an adjustable slope, and has a solo function for auditioning individual bands. Quad Comp and Quad Lim can operate in either stereo or M/S mode, giving users more flexibility to home in on a particular element of the mix. All four Quad processors offer full metering that shows input, output, and gain reduction, where applicable. When Quad Comp and Quad Lim are in M/S mode, their meters show separate gain reduction readings for the mid and side bands.
Also new in T-RackS 4 CS Grand is British Channel, which is a spot-on emulation of the EQ and dynamics section of a classic British mixing desk. The EQ features 4 parametric bands plus high- and low-pass filters, and gives you the choice of two different operating modes. The dynamics section offers a VCA-type compressor and an independent Expander/Gate section, both modeled from the original console.
Vintage, Modern, and More
The modules in T-RackS 4 CS Grand let you process your sound in myriad ways. Want to add a vintage tube vibe? Use the Fairchild®670 compressor or the Pultec® EQP-1A tube program equalizer. Want to level out a vocal performance? Use Black 76 or White 2A, emulations of classic processors, which were recently updated to be even more accurate. Want precision processing of specific parts of the frequency spectrum? Use one of the Quad Series processors.
Future-Proof Your Studio with Custom Shop
The Custom Shop feature is one of the most exciting aspects of the new T-RackS. It’s built into the DNA of the software, and it lets you add additional modules from our ever-growing collection, and purchase them from within the T-RackS application. It’s like having a cool store for high-end outboard gear right on your desktop – and it’s always open!
With new modules being added regularly, you’ll be able to get the new gear you want, when you want it, and keep your T-RackS collection future-proofed. What’s more, the Custom Shop’s “Try Before You Buy” feature lets you download fully functioning modules for two days to audition them.
Gorgeous Tone, In a DAW or On its Own
You can open T-RackS modules as single plug-ins inside your DAW, or under an integrated plug-in shell that can host up to 12 modules at a time in 8 plug-in slots, and create complex signal chains. If you’d prefer, you can run T-RackS as a standalone application. If you have IK’s ARC System 2, when you open T-RackS in standalone mode, the ARC processing will be seamlessly integrated into the signal chain.
T-RackS 4 CS Grand At a Glance
- 16 total processors: 10 dynamics, 3 equalizers, channel strip, de-esser, imager
- Modules include T-RackS Classic processors, T-RackS digital processors, 4 Quad processors, and British Channel, an emulation of a classic mixing desk
- Modules can be opened under T-RackS shell or as individual plug-ins
- Custom Shop functionality lets you purchase additional modules from inside the program
- Complete built-in metering section with Peak, Perceived Loudness, Phase, and RMS meters, plus a Spectrum analyzer with Peak, RMS and Averaging indicators
- Standalone integration with ARC System 2 processing
- All processors available as individual plug-ins
- 64-bit native support
- 32-bit 192 kHz support
- High-fidelity oversampling for high-quality audio processing through the entire signal path
- SCC™ technology coupled with IK’s unique DSM™ technology provides the most realistic software emulation of vintage gear to date
- Extremely easy to use, with style-based presets, full chain visualization, one-click single module or chain bypass, “compare” function and more
What’s New in T-RackS 4 CS Grand
- Quad Series processors including Quad Comp, Quad Lim, Quad Image, and De-Esser
- The new British Channel, an incredibly accurate emulation of the dynamics and EQ section of a channel strip from one of the most legendary mixers of all time
- Custom Shop feature, which can be turned on from within T-RackS, lets you browse, audition, and purchase new modules from our ever-expanding collection
Mac® (64 bit CPU, 32 or 64 bit Mac OS)
- Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats: Audio Units, VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).
- Note: on 64 bit systems, the plug-in also works in 32 bit compatibility mode.
Windows® (32 and 64 bit)
- Minimal: Intel® Pentium 4® 2.4 GHz or Intel® Core™ Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64,
- 1 GB of RAM, Windows® XP, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7 or Windows® 8.
- Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).
You MUST be connected to the Internet as all of the Custom Shop operations are web based.