Vienna Symphonic Library
Vienna Brass I Standard
Every Vienna Instruments collection comes with both the Vienna Instruments player and Vienna Ensemble. Get Vienna Instruments PRO and Vienna Ensemble Pro 5 to add another layer of expression to Vienna Instruments and improve your workflow.
- Viennese Horn
- Tenor trombone
- Trumpet ensemble (3 players)
- Horn ensemble (4 players)
- Trombone ensemble (3 players)
Brass I combines the basic brass instruments as solo instruments and the corresponding ensembles. The four soloists are masters of their trade. Trumpet player Freddy Staudigl, hornist Marcus Schmidinger, and trombone player Johann Schodl all are foundation members of the renowned ensemble “Brassissimo” and are not only active with their quintet but also as soloists and orchestral musicians on an international level. The tubist Christoph Kiene is also internationally known as a lecturer.
Apart from Vienna’s basic articulations and Performance Elements this Vienna Instruments Collection also provides fast Interval Performances in legato and marcato, Performance Trills, arpeggios (major, minor, and diminished in legato and staccato) and mordents. Trumpet and trombone – as solo instruments as well as in the ensembles – offer the complete playing techniques including all their muted variants. Among the specialties are the trumpet ensemble’s “out of tune” sustains, as they happen now and then in real orchestral situations. The three trumpet players don’t hit the note exactly at the beginning – a beat frequency ensues which is corrected as the tone progresses, eventually resulting in a clean homophony. Furthermore, the trumpets feature “rips & falls”. And the trombone ensembles, too, offer a specialty; clusters of three notes with half tone intervals are available in staccato (two variations), sustained, crescendo und diminuendo (in two tone lengths), sforzato, and even as Repetition Performances.
The Brass I Full Library contains 85 GB of uncompressed sample data in 44.1kHz/24-bit. Due to an innovative optimization process, the Vienna Instruments engine decompresses the samples in real-time, so that they take up only 57 GB of space on your hard disk. Please note: Even if you licensed the Standard Library only, the Full Library of your Collection gets installed on your hard drive since Standard and Extended Library can’t be separated due to structural database requirements.
Articulations - Full Library (Standard + Extended Libraries)
Interval Performances: legato, marcato; slow & fast
Horns, tenor trombone: Interval Performance Glissandos
Repetition Performances: legato, portato, staccato; crescendo & diminuendo
Performance Repetition upbeats: slow, medium, fast
Solo instruments – Grace Note Performances: minor and major 2nd, up and down
Trumpets, horns, trombones – arpeggios: major, minor, diminished triads; staccato, medium & fast
Solo trumpet – mordents: legato, 12 variations
Trumpets, horns, trombones – muted/stopped:
- Interval Performances
- Repetition Performances: legato, portato, staccato
- Fast Repetitions
Short notes: staccato and portato with various attacks and note lengths
Long notes: sustains with various attacks and vibratos
Horns: blared sustains
Dynamics: crescendo & diminuendo in various note lengths, various vibratos; fp, sfz, sffz, pfp
Solo instruments – trills: half tone, whole tone; crescendo & diminuendo
Flutter tongues: normal and crescendo variations
Trumpets, horns, trombones – muted/stopped:
- Short notes: staccato, short portato, medium portato
- Sustains and dynamics in various note lengths
- Flutter tongues
Trumpet ensemble: out-of-tune-sustains, rips & falls
Trombone ensemble: clusters
Minimum System Requirements
- PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.6 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
Between 10GB and 600GB depending on the product, please check www.vsl.co.at for up to date required hard drive space for each Vienna product.
- Other configurations might work but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.7 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
- Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard