Vienna Symphonic Library
Vienna Elements Extended (Requires Standard)
Water, metal, glass, and stone – very special elements are used here for sound production. This Collection offers exciting instruments such as the bass waterphone, the 5-octave lithophone and the XXL tam-tam. The waterphone is an unusual, evocative instrument with a diameter of 14 inches and is considerably larger than the waterphone used in the Vienna Instruments Percussion Collection. Its larger number of sounding rods, their increased length, the larger opening as well as the bigger resonating body with more water, furnish the musician with more unusual sonic possibilities and a wider variety of colors. The oversized tam-tam, with a diameter of more than 65 inches, was treated with all the tricks of the trade, with a special nod to Stockhausen’s opus “Mikrophonie” and others. It was struck with metal rods, cardboard and jigsaw blades, hit and rubbed with chains, and manhandled with fly swatters, an egg cutter, and even a massaging rod. The bottles contained in this Collection are blown – with articulations such as sustains and flutter tonguing. The 18 GB Elements Collection also features musical glasses, a glass harmonica and a verrophone.
- Bass Waterphone
- XXL Tam-tam
- Glass bells
- Musical glasses
- Glass harmonica
The Elements Full Library contains 16 GB of uncompressed sample data in 44.1kHz/24-bit. Due to an innovative optimization process, the Vienna Instruments engine decompresses the samples in real-time, so that they take up only 11 GB of space on your hard disk. Please note: Even if you licensed the Standard Library only, the Full Library of your Collection gets installed on your hard drive since Standard and Extended Library cant be separated due to structural database requirements.
Articulations – Full Library
Glass instruments: Staccato, portato, sustains, trills, tremolo. Glass harmonica, verrophone and bottles are also played with mallets.
Lithophone: Left and right hand strokes, muted strokes, tremolos and chord tremolos played with five different mallets. Special effects include strokes with fingers and fingernails, bowed notes, and notes played with stones and needles on the sound bars for shatter effects.
XXL Tam-tam: Single hits (rim and middle), short and long tremolos (open, muted, crescendos & diminuendos), effects.
Bass Waterphone: Staccato and portato variations, sustains, repetitions, crescendos, tremolos, arpeggios, glissandos, hotrods, wood mallets, strokes.
Minimum System Requirements
- PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.6 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
Between 10GB and 600GB depending on the product, please check www.vsl.co.at for up to date required hard drive space for each Vienna product.
- Other configurations might work but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.7 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
- Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard