Vienna Symphonic Library Single Instruments
Vienna English Horn (French) Full (Standard + Extended)
The English horn is the alto instrument of the oboe family. Since the Classical era, orchestras have made use of the English horn's melancholy sound to suggest rural and pastoral scenes and to perform mournful airs. It is chiefly an orchestra instrument. This English horn which is also used in the Vienna Special Edition is, like the French oboe, played by our experienced musician Markus Deuter whose playing technique follows the French school. As an alternative, we also offer the English Horn (Viennese), played in the Viennese school.
Minimum System Requirements
- PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
- Between 10GB and 600GB depending on the product, please check www.vsl.co.at for up to date required hard drive space for each Vienna product.
Other configurations might work but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.9 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
- Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
This product is delivered digitally. Easy secure download instructions and license information will be emailed to you after you have completed placing your order. Please note this this is usually very fast however, occasionally it may take as long as one to two business days.