Vienna Symphonic Library
Vienna Harps Standard
This Collection owes its two instruments to the use of two harps in orchestral music of the mid 19th century. Harp 1 is played by Ruth Rojahn, harpist of the Hofer Symphoniker and internationally successful soloist. Apart from single notes in various playing styles the first harp offers an enormous wealth of glissandos, which now in Vienna Instruments are particularly brilliant and easy to use. The controller structure allows for extremely flexible and quick access – the user can switch between ranges, different tempos, up and down movements, and different scales in real-time while playing. Now you can access all Dimensions at the same time! The first harp’s spectrum is rounded out by a wide range of arpeggios which were not available until now.
The second harp, played by Julia Reth, contains an even larger number of single notes, also offering playing styles like damped, fingernail playing, and pedal glissandos. A lovely ethereal effect is created by the bisbigliando variations, the whispering of tender tremolos on two strings playing the same note.
Articulations - Full Library (Standard + Extended Libraries)
- Normal, secco, près-de-la-table, fingernail playing, secco, harmonics, bisbigliando, pedal glissandos
- Major and harmonic minor full-scale
- Melodic minor, diminished, pentatonic
- Whole tone scale
- Slow, medium, fast
- One, three, and 5 octaves, single and multiple cross glissandos
- Fast fortissimo glissandos spanning 1 octave
- Major, minor, diminished, augmented
- Three and four notes
- Slow, medium, fast
Minimum System Requirements
- PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.6 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
Between 10GB and 600GB depending on the product, please check www.vsl.co.at for up to date required hard drive space for each Vienna product.
- Other configurations might work but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.7 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
- Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard