Vienna Symphonic Library Single Instruments
Vienna Piccolo Extended (Requires Standard)
The piccolo, or octave flute, is a member of the transverse flute family. It is the highest-pitched wind instrument in the orchestra. Its range (an octave above that of the concert flute) reaches far higher than the human voice. In the Classical period (the second half of the 18th century) the orchestral piccolo was used to imitate sounds of nature, such as birdsongs or storms and for special effects. In the Romantic period (19th century) it became an established part of the woodwind section of the orchestra.
Minimum System Requirements
- PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
- Between 10GB and 600GB depending on the product, please check www.vsl.co.at for up to date required hard drive space for each Vienna product.
Other configurations might work but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.9 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
- Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard